What is a Sales Spotlight Email?
Sales Spotlight emails provide a breakdown of the included hospital's top metrics, including the top 3 skilled nursing destinations, as well as a brief but in-depth comparison of how your agency compares to the hospital's top SNF destinations. If you've received a Hospital Sales Spotlight Email, review the hospital and determine if it would be a good target for you. Anyone can send you a Sales Spotlight from the Hospital and Agency Analyze page within Marketscape. You can even send one to yourself! Sending one to yourself is a great way to have that physician's information at your finger tips on your mobile device before a sales call.
See the Hospital Sales Spotlight - Overview for more information on how to send yourself a Sales Spotlight Email.
The Hospital Sales Spotlight email has three sections:
The Conversation Starters are designed to help you generate a convincing message that shows your agency's competitive advantage. The specific conversation starters are created in this order
This article will show and summarize the elements in the Sales Spotlight email. For a deeper dive into the metrics and messaging see our article on Hospital Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics.
In short, the metrics in this section are the ones you need to make a quick assessment of the selected hospital as a source of potential referrals. These are the metrics that we use in our primary targeting strategies.
- Patient Volume - In general, patient volume is about potential. A hospital that treats more patients, and more specifically SNF-bound patients, is more likely to be a better source of referrals.
- SNF Utilization - This metric is the percentage of all patients discharged from the selected hospital who were admitted to skilled nursing care.
- Readmission Rate: 30 days - This is the percentage of patients discharged from the selected hospital who were re-admitted to inpatient care within 30 days of the initial discharge.
- Top SNF Destinations - A short list of the three skilled nursing facilities that admitted the highest number of patients discharged from the selected hospital
- Highest Readmission Rate MS-DRGs - For all patients discharged, these are the diagnoses for patients that required the highest percentages of readmissions.
This section contains metrics specific to your selected hospital and the skilled nursing facility chosen as "My Agency."
What is included?
What shows up in this section will differ for each hospital. Metrics for All MS-DRGs will always appear. Additional diagnosis categories will be included if that diagnosis category is a large enough percentage of the hospital's patient population.
For more information on the meaning of the metrics, see Hospital Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics
If you compare the Conversation Starter in the email to the content on the Analyze page, you will see that we have basically turned the relevant metrics into a comparative statement and added color to make the competitive position clear.
- Your "My Agency" is named at the top. (In this case, Rest Haven - York.) Users will have access to all of their company's agencies. This will allow you to confirm the agency to which the metrics refer.
- Format - The syntax of these metrics is designed to focus on whether the metric is a strength or a weakness. By saying, "At 30.39" - we know immediately that this reveals an area for improvement, where "At 13.34% shows that this is an area of strong performance for your agency. The remainder of the content describes the comparison.
Red - As a sales rep, you will want to be aware of but not use any metrics in red. These demonstrate areas where your agency needs to dig in and improve.
- Green - These are the metrics you can use right away. These will show you areas where your agency is doing a great job, either against a specific competitor, as stated, or against the state average.