Although Trella Health has the most current Medicare data possible, there is still a timeline of events that occur each quarter before the data can move from a claim submission to Marketscape.
For updates on Solution Status, with reference to upcoming data releases, see our Solution Status Page.
- CMS compiles and processes claim data for a specific quarter.
- CMS releases the data approximately two weeks after the close of the following quarter. From experience, this tends to be between 105-110 days from the end of the quarter for which the data was compiled. It is possible for this release period to be extended.
- Trella Health requests the data, performs massive analytical evaluation and uploads it to the proper location. This requires about 4 weeks.
- The total time from the end of any given quarter to data release in the Solutions is about 135 days. You can simplify this and think, “about 4 and a half months.”
Please use the following diagram to visualize the timeline:
Data Release Dates
If we use the basic timeline above and wrap it around a calendar of four quarters, we can identify some estimated dates for the data releases:
- First Quarter (January through March) released the middle of August
- Second Quarter (April through June) released the middle of November
- Third Quarter (July through September) released the middle of February of the following calendar year
- Fourth Quarter (October through December) released the middle of May of the following calendar year.