What is a Sales Spotlight Email?
Sales Spotlight emails provide a breakdown of the physician’s top metrics, including the top 3 skilled nursing destinations, as well as a brief but in-depth comparison of how your agency compares to the physician's top destinations. If you've received a Physician Sales Spotlight Email, review the physician and determine if it would be a good target for you. Anyone can send you a Sales Spotlight from the Physician Analyze page within Marketscape. You can even send one to yourself! Sending one to yourself is a great way to have that physician's information at your finger tips on your mobile device before a sales call.
See the Physician Sales Spotlight - Overview for more information on how to send yourself a Sales Spotlight Email.
The Physician Sales Spotlight email has three sections:
The Conversation Starters are designed to help you generate a convincing message that shows your agency's competitive advantage. The specific conversation starters are created in this order
This article will show and summarize the elements in the Sales Spotlight email. For a deeper dive into the metrics and messaging see our article on Physician Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics.
In short, the metrics in this section are the ones you need to make a quick assessment of the selected physician as a source of potential referrals. These are the metrics that we use in our primary targeting strategies.
- Patient Volume - A physician who treats a higher number of patients is a more likely source of patient referrals.
- SNF Utilization - Higher utilization is indicative of a physician who is already committed to skilled nursing care. A physician who beats the state average of the performance of professional peers is of particular attention.
- Top SNF Destinations Last 12 Months - This table will include up to four of the top skilled nursing destinations for the selected physician. In general, this list is included to show you where your agency stacks up against the competition, and to show the agency with the top percentage of patients treated by the selected physician.
SNF Quality Conversation Starters
What is included?
What shows up in this section will differ for each physician. Simply, if the physician has greater than 15% of their patients in a specific diagnostic grouping, conversation starters for that grouping will be included. The All Diagnostic Categories, which is metric for all of the physician's patients, will be included for every physician.
The table below shows an example of the Conversation Starters for a specific agency and physician pairing. Beneath the table, we will discuss some general observations about the content.
For this example, we used Colonial Manor Nursing & Rehab Center as our chosen "My Agency."
- Diagnoses - Note that the included metrics are tied to specific diagnoses or all diagnoses (all patients). In this Sales Spotlight email, our selected physician had sufficient patients to generate a section for Circulatory System diagnoses in addition to ALL diagnoses.
- Diagnosis name - Each Diagnosis name is a link to a Help Center article that will provide insights into each diagnosis.
- Usage - The purpose of any of the included metrics is to identify instances where the selected agency out-performed a competitor or a state average. In general, a physician is interested first in agencies that will provide better care for patients, and second in agencies that help to keep costs under control.
- Format - The syntax of these metrics is designed to focus on whether the metric is a strength or a weakness. The metrics for our selected physician are all green, so, for example, 16.53 days in the last metric Average Medicare Days per Stay is green to indicate a metric that shows your agency in a good light for the selected physician. If the metric was unfavorable, it would appear in red: e.g. "At 18.26%"
Red - As a sales rep, you will want to be aware of but not use any metrics in red. These demonstrate areas where your agency needs to dig in and improve.
- Green - These are the metrics you can use right away. These will show you areas where your agency is doing a great job, either against a specific competitor, as stated, or against the state average.