The Physician Sales Spotlight captures the most important information about the selected physician for sales reps, so that they can quickly:
- Determine the potential of a physician to generate admissions
- Identify who their agency is competing against
- Prepare for a sales call with personalized, data-driven Conversation Starters
Users can send themselves or their colleagues emails with the information in the Sales Spotlight too. This enables sales reps to have that physician's information at their finger tips on a mobile device before a sales call. Additionally sales managers can also share potential targets with a sales rep through email for easier access when the sales rep is on the move.
Sales Spotlight is the first and default tab on the Physician Analyze page.
This article explains the different parts of the Sales Spotlight tab. See our article on Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics for specific details on a particular metric.
The following video provides a summary of how to use Sales Spotlight.
The following image highlights the key features in the tab. Sales Spotlight is broken into three sections:
- Configuration - fields for adjusting the display and emailing Sales Spotlight
- Top Metrics - the most relevant metrics you need to know to understand the selected physician
- Our Agency Relationship - quality metrics specific to your agency that show your areas of strength against your competitors or in comparison to state benchmarks
Email Sales Spotlight - When you click on this, you will be able to send the Sales Spotlight content to yourself or another user as an email.
|Choose a recipient email. You can send the email to yourself or any other user in your company.||Sample Sales Spotlight email|
|- Click on either image below to enlarge it.|
My Agency - The Sales Spotlight tab focuses on metrics that are specific to the selected physician and metrics that reveal your agency's strengths with regard to the selected physician's patients. All your company's agencies are available to you if you click on the currently selected agency.
View Conversation Starters - This toggle turns on the Conversation Starters mode. The content in the boxes of the lower section will change.
Top Metrics and "My Agency" metrics for this Physician - The top section of the many boxes in the image above are the most relevant metrics you need to know to evaluate the selected physician. The lower section has metrics specific to your chosen "My Agency." The metrics include:
- Last Claimed - Count of distinct patients for which the physician submitted the last professional claim prior to the patient's SNF Admission during the one year reporting period.
- SNF Utilization - 3 Months Prior - Percentage of this physician's patients who received skilled nursing services during the one year reporting period and who were treated by the selected physician within three months of SNF admission.
- Highest Affiliation Facility - The facility where the highest percentage of the physicians patients were treated by the physician in an inpatient or outpatient setting during the one year reporting period.
- Patient Risk Score - The HCC risk scores are used to adjust cost relative to other NPIs of the same provider type.
- Top SNF Destinations - The three (or four) skilled nursing facilities that admitted the largest number of the selected physician's patients.
- Patient Volume - Counts of SNF patients and all Medicare Part B patients for the selected physician.
"My Agency" Relationship
- Six-month Risk Adjusted Total Cost of Care following SNF - Average total risk-adjusted Medicare spend for patients during the six month period after SNF discharge.
- 30-Day Readmission Rate - Your agency's readmission rates for patients with the listed diagnosis.
- Average Medicare Days per Stay - The average number of days patients with a primary diagnosis in the named category were cared for by your SNF.
For more information, see Physician Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics for specific details on a particular metric.
Conversation Starters - With Conversation Starters on, each metric is presented as a statement that focuses on the competitive advantage of your agency the metric demonstrates. The Conversation Starters are designed to help you generate a convincing message that shows your agency's competitive advantage. The specific conversation starters are created in this order:
- Against a competitor - If your agency outperforms another top skilled nursing facility, we show the comparison between the two agencies. In these cases, the metrics will be green.
- Against a benchmark - If we can't find an example of competitive advantage against a competitor, we will include a favorable comparison with a state metric. These metrics will appear green.
- Area for growth - If we are unable to include a metric that shows your agency performing well, we will still include a comparison with the state metric to show an area where you need to grow. Those metrics will be red.
With Conversation Starters off
With Conversation Starters on